Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The prodigal son returns

No not my son. My brother Bruce (my mother's prodigal child) is heading up the blue Ridge Parkway as I type. He and his family are on a 6 month cross country vacation. They took the kids out of school (! Whooda thunkit?) and packed up their 40 foot RV and have been traveling gypsies since July. Today around 4:00 they should be pulling up the steep hill we live on. Tomorrow I take my neice Melissa to the barn with us for riding lessons and we'll find out if we can trail ride or something on Friday. I doubt I will since last Friday I could hardly move due to the CRAZY lesson I had the day before. I've got a bit of cleaning to do before they get here, of course. Friday we'll eat crabs, Jenna is coming over and hopefully MamaLala and her DH.
Should be a good week.

No comments: